- Baldwin Backyard Pool was created when Joy was discouraged by
large classes and short class times.
- I have taught at the old downtown
YMCA, for the YWCA at the Alma College Pool, for the City of St.
Thomas at Lions Pool and Jaycees Pool.
- Through experimentation I discovered that 4 was a nice
number to work with.
- This gave me the time to give each child lots of
- Children feel more comfortable in a
small group and quite frequently will be challenged by the
accomplishments of others.
- The warm temperatures allows them to focus
on the task at hand.
- Before I (Joy) married Patrick I was a Baldwin (Ron &
- My father Ron was a long time Police Officer (34 years) in the
- My mom's role was at home raising 4 daughters.
- Both my parents
were very dedicated to volunteering in the community.
- I have named this
program as a dedication to my parents as my way of thanking them for
providing me with my lessons and opportunities to teach in this